Wellhead Protection Area Delineation: Why Work with an Expert Consultant
Communities across the globe need safe drinking water. To ensure a safe supply of water, the area nearest the well must be protected from possible hazards. This area is called a wellhead protection area. Keep reading to know how to protect this area and why you should hire a consultant développement durable:
The Protection Scope
Generally, when a water supply system draws over 100, 000 gallons per day, the area around the wellhead must be delineated to keep the groundwater protected for five years. For water supply systems that pump less than 100, 000 gallons per day, performing a detailed and scientific delineation is necessary.
A groundwater scientist should be hired to identify the wellhead protection area’s specific size and shape. The scientist gathers information on the underground area’s geology, the water volume pumped every day, and expected water use increases. They enter this information into a computer program to stimulate the flow of water through the subsurface. The consultant’s recommended modeling method will depend on the size of the system, how complex the geology is, and the management type.
Choosing a Consultant
Sustainability consultants provide different services. When choosing the right consultant for your wellhead protection area project, here are some important factors to consider:
- Service scope. When requesting a proposal, ensure you know the services you want the consultant to offer. Perhaps you just want them to offer an approved delineation or an inventory of a contaminant source. Do you want the consultant to set up a GIS or geographic information system that you can update periodically? Or maybe you just want paper maps? When you speak with a consultant, give them a detailed list of your requirements and deliverables.
- Completion time. The delineation process is complicated and can require significant energy and time. It can take up to three months to complete. So, when you choose a delineation consultant, ask how much time the process will require. Ensure the contract spells out the date agreed upon by every party.
- Modeling method. When it comes to delineation, consultants may use modeling methods like analytical, semi-analytical, or numerical models. In general, the model required depends on the area’s geology, the data available, and the available management tools. In complex geology, a more sophisticated model is necessary. Also, more data is needed to validate the model. Ask the consultant about which model they recommend and the reason why. You can decide on the model based on what most consultants recommend.
- Where To Find Part Time Jobs In Malaysia September 14, 2021
- Essential Things To Consider While Hiring Movers September 11, 2021
- The benefits of switching from Cold Store freezing to IQF September 10, 2021
- Why Are People So Crazy Over Getting A Lot Of Instagram Followers? September 2, 2021
- Get Instagram Followers Using These Steadfast Solutions August 30, 2021
- Wellhead Protection Area Delineation: Why Work with an Expert Consultant August 29, 2021
- Skip bins Sydney by 7 skips August 26, 2021
- Equipment Leasing Advice For Entrepreneurs August 24, 2021